Monday, December 31, 2012

Welcome welcome welcome!


Thank you for stopping by my new, very own blog site. Take a look around!

On the right you'll see tabs for the different sections of my blog - which include my own work, articles I've come across that I think are worth sharing, and the other blogs I check out daily. I've also included a place for the goals I hope to achieve in 2013. Right here is where you can find my latest posts.

So ... it's New Years Eve and I'm thrilled this blog has finally come together. Check out the "Emily WHO?" section to see exactly what my plans are for this baby.

In honor of the holiday, I decided to do a slight recap of the major things that happened to me this year:
  • I spent January 1, 2012 in New York City after watching the ball drop at midnight. It was my first time in the city.
  • I flew by myself for the first time ... to the lovely Minnesota ... twice.
  • I went to Philadelphia and toured the historic sites.
  • My little sister graduated from high school and started at RIT with me!
  • I took my first online and summer class, it was a pain in my butt.
  • My older cousin Alyssa, someone I really look up to, got married!
  • My parents celebrated their 27th wedding anniversary.
  • My family got a puppy, Sophie! Follow me on Instagram for a few million pictures of her and our other dog, Pepper. 
  • I finally got a passport (one of my goals from 2012 - check!)
  • I actually used my passport (another one of my 2012 goals) on an amazing trip to Atlantis in the Bahamas.
  • I celebrated a one-year anniversary with my boyfriend in Niagara Falls, on the Maid of The Mist.
  • I had "Black Friday" off for the first time in four years - normally I'm cashing out customers by 4am at American Eagle or Aerie. I no longer work at either.
  • I settled on working one main job, and having another one in place mainly for the experience. In the past I've tried juggling 2-3 pretty extensive jobs at a time.
  • I celebrated my 21st birthday ... for a week (sorry to all involved!)
I hope everyone has a fun, safe time celebrating tonight. What were your favorite parts of 2012 and what are your goals for 2013?



No comments:

Post a Comment