Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A test from the heavens

What a beautiful sunny Wendesday ... finally!

Over the weekend I had a family party on Sunday. After already deeming Saturday my "cheat" day I had hoped to refuse all of the food there, instead opting for my own "clean" creations when I got home.

But I got seriously hungry while I was there. We were going to be there for awhile and my dad refused to run to Wegmans so that I could make a salad.

Hmph.

So I did the next best thing. I told myself to EAT. That it was allowed and perfectly okay. I know, I know shame on me for telling myself I couldn't eat, but there weren't any really clean options!

I had some chicken and a few pieces of pizza bread. I then even indulged in TWO chocolate covered pretzel rods. My reasoning? I had eaten healthy all day, I wasn't really hardcore "cheating" and if I had passed up those chocolate treats I would have been bummed. Eating them made me happy.

And when I got home, I went for a long ass run. I'd like to say it had nothing to do with the fact that I felt like I had just ate "bad," but that was definitely a part of it. I've also become very interested in exploring while running and wanted to try out a new route.

It was invigorating.

Anyways, Monday morning arrived and guess what - I felt FINE! Eating those foods the night before didn't affect my body at all and the run made me feel balanced.

I've actually been feeling really good.

So, you have to imagine how "slapped across the face" I felt when Monday afternoon a resident came into the office at work and said:

"Emily, have you gained weight?"

Excuse me sir, do you know who you're talking to.

After begging him to point out where it looked like I gained weight and him getting so nervous and awkward that he'll probably cancel his lease, I forced myself to sit down and take a deep freaking breath.

There was no way, I thought. Literally no way. I've been eating SO good and working out everyday! Theoretically, it was impossible that I've gained weight. NO NO NO! Please no.

Luckily Jess was there with me and got me to laugh about it.

I then went to the bathroom and had a good pep talk with myself.

This was my conclusion:

Even if I've gained weight, I've been feeling SO good. I really don't think I have, but even so ... so be it. If feeling this good means weight gain, bring it on.

No, I'm not extremely comfortable with the idea - but I'm trying to be. I actually have to laugh at the whole scenario. I've decided maybe it was a test from the heavens. There are bound to be setbacks and moments that hardcore that throw us off - it all comes down to how you handle it.

Which is why I'm glad that I actually laughed when re-telling the story to my mom and Jordan later that night.

Because seriously, it's pretty freaking ironic ... and funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment